Magical Taxi Tour takes 100 children on the trip of a lifetime to Disneyland Paris
One of London’s most-loved children’s charity events, the Magical Taxi Tour started its annual journey to Paris today. Organised by the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, the event kicked off this morning with a special breakfast held at East Wintergarden, in Canary Wharf.
- This is the 27th year of the Magical Mystery Tour, organised by the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers
- This year will see 100 children, suffering from a range of chronic illnesses and life-limiting conditions, taken to Disneyland Resort Paris® for the weekend
- The three day trip sees a convoy of 93 black taxis, including 70 electric TX taxis, drive to the French capital
- Geely Holding Group, owner of London Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC) has donated £100,000 to support the event over five years
- Since 2013, LEVC has donated £230,000 to the charity
Following the breakfast, 93 taxis set off from the capital, taking 100 children and their families and carers to Disneyland Paris for a trip of a lifetime. The convoy was escorted by the City of London Police and the London Ambulance NHS Trust, with the French Gendarmerie Nationale picking up the route once the procession arrives in France.
Since its inception in 1994, the Magical Taxi Tour has taken more than 5,000 children to Disneyland Resort Paris®. The event is run purely on donations from organisations and as a sign of support for this important charity, Geely Holding Group, owner of the London Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC) has donated £100,000 over five years. This has been further bolstered by an additional £20,000 donation from LEVC this year.
To find out more about the charity and to donate, please visit www.magicaltaxitour.com