GRANTS IN YOUR REGION
With incentives across the UK now a common initiative, you can claim up to and above £10,000 for your LEVC vehicle, depending on your location.
Discover the electric vehicle incentives in your local area.
Electric Van grants
PLUG IN VAN GRANT
A government funded grant for vans that can drive with zero emissions. The VN5 is eligible for this plug in grant of £5,000 which will be administered by your dealer.
SUPER DEDUCTION TAX
Are you eligible for Super Tax deduction? Check whether you are eligible for the new 130% First Year capital allowance.
Electric Taxi grants
Applications for financial support to move to cleaner vehicles will open from November 2021.
- Up to £10,000 towards replacement with a zero-emission-capable (ZEC) wheelchair-accessible vehicle
- Up to £5,000 towards replacement with a compliant wheelchair-accessible vehicle
People who work in the clean air zone (if eligible) can apply for up to £2,000 to spend on a compliant vehicle (Euro 6 or newer).
- £5,000 over 4 years for EV taxi running costs
- £5,000 to upgrade to Euro 6 taxi
Incentives are still available for taxi drivers, up to £3,464 in maintenance costs.
PLUG-IN TAXI GRANT
In March 2017 the Department for Transport announced a further £64 million of investment to promote the use of electric taxis.
This money will support drivers in two important ways:
1. A £50 million Plug-in Taxi Grant programme. This will give taxi drivers up to £7,500 off the price of a new vehicle. Taxi drivers who switch to the new electric cabs could also save around £2,800 in fuel costs a year.
2. £14 million of investment will deliver new dedicated charging points for electric taxis in 10 council areas.
These projects are expected to deliver around 400 rapid and 150 fast charging points which will enable the take-up of around 23,000 ULEV taxis nationally including supporting existing plug in private hire vehicles.
ESB ENERGY OFFER
Exclusive introductory offer of 25p per kWh for taxi drivers with a membership at £4.99 per month.
Join ESB ENERGY, London’s electric vehicle rapid charging network and charge your TX electric taxi in as little as 30 minutes** for £5.80 inclusive of VAT. What’s more 21 of the rapid charging points are designated for taxi use only! Other payment options include pay as you go and contactless.
HAVE YOUR SAY WHERE CHARGEPOINTS ARE INSTALLED
The first ever engagement campaign of its kind: Powermystreet offering all Londoners the possibility to choose their preferred on-street location for new electric taxi charge points.
Supported by Source London, London’s leading charge point provider, this initiative will ensure that locations are chosen strategically to suit your needs.
Powermystreet will collaborate closely with all of London’s Boroughs to facilitate the installation of charge points in areas of high demand and accelerate the development of the existing infrastructure.